Today’s PSAPs face a difficult situation meeting citizen expectations for the existing 9-1-1 system. A wide range of communication devices are wireless and/or mobile, and support more than just voice. In 2000, NENA initiated planning for Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) and our technology vendors are keeping pace to support that initiative.
To meet these new Next Gen 9-1-1 challenges, we offer public safety recording solutions that provide both functionality and flexibility in one easy-to-use software package that can include:
- Call Recording
- Screen Recording
- Quality Monitoring for Dispatchers
- Event-Driven Recording
- Call Taker Training
In addition to recording telephone and radio interactions, our Next Generation 9-1-1 solutions can also do the following:
- Multimedia Recording (voice, screen, and available call data like ANI/ALI)
- Quality Assurance to help ensure call taker proficiency
- Incident Reconstruction and Analytics for better investigative insights
- eLearning and Coaching to increase productivity and staff retention
- Performance Scorecards to allow staff to view personal performance in relation to agency goals
- Citizen Surveys for a proactive approach to building citizen confidence
As an example, version 5 of our Audiolog PSAP Logging solution offers Insight Center, a powerful, browser-based interface for accessing Audiolog’s tools and functionality. This is just one of the many ways we bring you technology that keeps your PSAP on the cutting edge.
Is your Public Safety Center ready for Next Generation 9-1-1? Call and speak with one of our experienced Public Safety representatives at Sound Communications. We’ll discuss how new, innovative recording technology can work in your agency. Note: if you already have an Audiolog system you can upgrade seamlessly to the new version which includes the latest NG9-1-1 solutions.
Read more about Audiolog Version 5.